Speakup Keypad Slowness with Install Discs

Zachary Z_kline at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 20:56:35 EDT 2004

Hi,
For some indefinable reason, my Linux install ISO's with speakup have begun
to exhibit signs of what I can only call Keypad Slowness.  The numeric
keypad, which is essential to most all commands, has stopped working
correctly.  It basically refuses to respond when I give a command.
This is happening with ISO's that I have used successfully before.
Slackware, Debian, and even Gentoo.  I have made no significant hardware
changes, nor have I modified the ISO's/.
Should I try something like doing a full erase of my cdrw disc?  Or is that
not the issue?
By the way, when I say slowly, I mean really slowly.  Try 10 seconds, or not
at all, for instance.
Thanks,
Zack