Linux Kernel Support for Wireless Adaptor

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:56:12 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm starting this thread to take discussion of my wireless adaptor off the CDR and CDRW thread.  I'm wondering whether anyone on this list has experience with the Belkin Wireless 11MBPS USB Adaptor, and something called the D-linkv714p+ router.  Both these are USB devices, the router is a DHCP server.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that this uses an Ethernet card?  If not, is my only option to install something like Slackware, and hope to get a new, more conventional internet service provider?
Or is a kernel module for this sort of thing available, and could it be packaged in a custom ISO?
Thanks,
Zack