New Kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 26 08:53:21 EDT 2004

There's a simpler way. Simply download the appropriate Linux kernel rpm
file for your architecture and install it. Note that you will need to
edit your grub.conf (if you use grub), or your lilo.conf (if you use
lilo). Be sure to use a kernel for the appropriate version of Fedora
Core (either 1 or 2, as of this writing). The Speakup Modified ftp tree
begins at:

www.linux-speakup.org

Log in there via anonymous ftp and:

cd pub/speakup/disks/fedora/

PS: If you must compile your own kernel, you may find it instructive to
compare the appropriate config file for your architecture. In this case
download and install the appropriate kernel src package from the SRPMS
directory.

PPS: I suppose I ought to edit the home page to provide a direct
mechanism for people to get at these files via their web browsers. This
task is now on my todo list--so coming soon.