lynx and ftp mystery

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat Oct 23 12:23:17 EDT 2004

Maybe some of you will remember several months ago I had problems
accessing the Fedora ftp content referenced in the speakup-modified howto.
Well, the mystery of ftp and lynx has returned.

I did installs of FC2 on both my desktop and my laptop using the same set
of installation isos. Yet on my laptop I can access and download from ftp
sites using lynx, while on my desktop I cannot, though I can do so just
fine with wget and links the chain. I have tried placing the .lynxrc from
the laptop on my desktop and have also tried placing the .mailcap from my
laptop on my desktop--to no avail. The /etc/mailcap should be and appears
to be the same on both machines.
I haven't edited my lynx.cfg on either machine; my firewall setup is the
same on both machines.
Any ideas of other files to look at?
Thanks.

--