strange cable

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Oct 22 11:36:52 EDT 2004

These are fairly rare cables, but not unknown. I have one for the
purpose of uploading software upgrades to a small telecomm device I
happen to have. It's just as you describe--standard mini-phone at one
end, and standard db9 at the other. In my case I attach it correctly and
run minicom. Don't know about your case, but I do know it's possible to
plug it into the wrong port though I doubt it will do anything harmful
for that.