network device detection with FC2

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Oct 22 11:31:37 EDT 2004

Cheryl Homiak writes:
> it might be nice if FC at least asked if
> you wanted to do a network and maybe gave you a list of cards/modules. But
> it wasn't really a huge problem once I figured out what I wanted to do
> about it.

It does. It just doesn't bother you with it if it thinks you don't have
a nic installed. So, you're not seeing the screens because it didn't
autodetect your nic.

Not only does it prompt you for installing networking, ordinarily, you
can even install over the network, from an nfs mount somewhere, or ftp
or http, for example.