Ot: cd sound problem driving me crazy

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Oct 12 14:12:33 EDT 2004

It's quite probably there's only one physical connection between your sb
live sound card and the cdrom unit. This is a thin wire inside your
computer.

When you say you shouldn't have to switch to line out, though, that
sounds strange. Essentially, the output should be the same, whether
you're streaming over your net connection, playing a file on your hd, or
playing audio from your cdr. Is your pcm setting up above 0?