Ot: cd sound problem driving me crazy

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Oct 12 11:16:48 EDT 2004

Hi all.
I am using alsa compiled into the 2.6.8.1 kernel; for the most part my
sound is fine.

I have a cdrecorder and a plain cdrom. Both of these work using headphones
in the cdrom jack and using the cdrom's own built-in volume control wheel.

However, through the speakers using alsamixer, i can get no sound at all
from the cdrecorder. from the plain cdrom I get sound just fine if I
switch my speaker plug to the line out jack but i shouldn't have to do
this. I do have cd unmuted and volume level all the way up. I have an
sblive card.

any suggestions?

Thanks.
  -- Cheryl