high memory versus alsa drivers

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Sat Oct 9 11:45:01 EDT 2004

Hi Kenny,

Prior to kernel 2.4.26, I used to have to do that after every recompile
that involved a change of modules, but with 2.4.26 the alsa drivers
compile with the kernel, evidently. They are loading okay. The output of
lsmod is identical with and without highmem selected, and all the alsa
components are there, same sizes and dependencies.

Oh -- there is one additional line in the lsmod output when highmem is
selected. It is "agpgart" and I am not familiar with that piece.

Chuck

Home page at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
Speakfreely address 24.105.197.112:2074