locking up

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 6 20:14:20 EDT 2004

You're not going to mess anything up by becoming an ordinary user. But,
perhaps you don't have accessibility installed and adapting that could
take you into a thicket--arguably.

So, the Fry's box is a good bet. If you want to look at Fedora, look at
the Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora

We have a installation HOWTO there:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

The idea is that the installation process, as well as the result, is
speech enabled with Speakup.

One can also, of course, do this with Slack or Debian or Gentoo--but no
installation HOWTO, so you might want to look at ours even if you
install one of the other distributions.