switching consoles

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Mon Dec 30 13:07:26 EST 2002

Hi all,

Kaare,

you want to try the right command, not the wrong one for this task.

    kaare> Hi folks, I haven't been able to find out why this happens
    kaare> so any helps would be appreciated. I try to use the
    kaare> alt-1-2-3 keys to switch consoles both as root and as my
    kaare> user account however it won't move from tty 1, I really
    kaare> want to run multiple tasks but <shrugs>.

You want alt-f1 alt-f2 and so on, not alt-1 alt-2 and so on.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854