module autoloading in slackware 8.1, was: Re: speakup.i SCSI problems

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Dec 29 22:48:05 EST 2002

Since we're on the subject of module auto loading in slackware 8.1 ...

I asked this a while back, but never saw an answer. I want to be able to run zipslack 8.1 off of my parallel port zip drive.
The problem is that the parallel port and zip support are compiled as modules. Short of building my own custom kernel, is there a way of getting lp.o.gz and imm.o.gz to autoload so that the root fs on the zipdisk can be mounted by the kernel?

Thanks in advance.

Greg