speakup.i SCSI problems

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Dec 29 21:29:58 EST 2002

Hey, compiling a kernel might seem like a daunting task; tedious
config step but the rest ain't all that bad.  First and for most, keep
the current working kernel image around for safty's sake and create an
alternate lilo.conf label entry pointing to this older kernel.  This
way if the new kernel blows up on you, just reboot with the old
kernel, drop back 20 yards, and repunt the football:).

Linux might not seem easy for newbies or the faint at heart but there
are good safety nets available.  The backup kernel is an excellent example.