speakup.i scsi conflict followup

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Dec 27 14:02:26 EST 2002

This looks fine to me. the generic module is beeing loaded
which is what the cdrom will use when burning;
you don't need the scsi_sd module; that is for disks.
You could also consider compiling out ide/atapi cd support
altogether and compile in the scsi emulation.
Your dvd will show as 0,0,0 and writer as 0,1,0.

You must have ide/scsi emulation controlling the writer and the scsi
cdrom and generic and main modules loaded or compiled in.
If ide/atapi emulation does not show the cdwriter as a scsi device at boot
or after module load; do not pass go. Do not burn 200 cds. Boot windows. <grin>
my scsi lines look like the following to show you what should happen.
This procedure is not complicated; you are experiencing difficulties because you don't
understand how linux loads and configures modules
fully and slackware relies on the user to configure this.
Redhat and Mandrake make the cdwriter show as scsi out of the box
after install.

scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: LITE-ON   Model: LTR-32123S        Rev: XS0X
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
  Vendor: E-IDE     Model: CD-ROM 48X/AKU    Rev: T3A
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
scsi : detected 2 SCSI cdroms total.
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 181x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.11
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 0x/48x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray