speakup.i scsi conflict followup

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri Dec 27 08:21:58 EST 2002

You still need to tell the ide-scsi module which drive it is supposed to do the emulation for.

I have this built into my kernel, so I pass hdc=ide-scsi to the kernel in my lilo.conf.

What I think you need with a module is something like "modprobe ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi".

If someone out there is doing ide-scsi emulation via the module, they can probably give you better directions.

Also, before you check for the drive with cdrecord, look at your dmesg output after you've loaded the module.  You should see something like the below if all loaded well and your drive is being emulated.

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  Vendor: HP        Model: CD-Writer+ 9100   Rev: 1.0c
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12

Hth.

Greg