news about Kirk!

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Dec 19 19:28:43 EST 2002

Just to clarify, I do own a Guide Dog named Stafford.  He's a fairly
good-sized Labrador.  The reason I was wondering if Kirk's dog got
distracted was that I've had that problem with Stafford.  He sees a cat
and I know it immediately because he speeds up and his tail starts
wagging.  I think he actually likes cats!  He also gets excited when he
sees certain people.  I usually have to make him stop and I have him sit
and lay down a few times.  This usually gets him back under control and he
realizes who is in charge.  Other than that, he is a very calm and
layed-back dog.  I know what you mean about not having much time to react
when you walk fast, though.  I usually go at a pretty good clip myself,
and in fact, that is the reason I got the dog.