Speakup and Mandrake

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Nov 29 05:22:16 EST 2001

Hello.  As always, feel free to correct me if I missed something.  I looked
seriously at Mandrake to determine how difficult it would be to add
Speakup.  I will admit that I really am new at kernel compiling but I have
got some kernels to compile before.  Anyway, maybe the source is available
out there somewhere but I could not find it.  I thought I found it but it
did not look useable for my purposes.  Likewise with SUSE.  If there is a
way and someone can outline the necessary files to get and steps involved,
I would attempt to get Speakup working with other distros.