spam question

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Nov 27 07:21:40 EST 2001

They might be using the Bcc: field or there may be a way to embed your
address in the envelope area as is done by list software. I also wonder if
Pine's + sign applies to Bcc as well as CC header fields.

Another note about this spam stuff, It is worth a try to expand the
headers with pine's h command and see where the mail originated from. Once
this is found, then forward the mail with headers expanded to
abuse@<provider> where provider is the originating source. I've
successfully stopped some spam this way. Unfortunately, some spam gets
here without *ANYTHING* in the headers. God knows how that got here but I
couldn't do anything with that one. Also, simply ignoring them eventually
works too unless it got so out of hand that ignoring isn't bareable.