still no speech

Glenn Ervin gervin at kdsi.net
Sat Nov 24 17:20:55 EST 2001

could someone please perhaps tell me what is wrong with these lines?
I seem to have linux going, because something scrolls up the screen for a
couple minutes, but I cannot get speech going yet.
You will read 2 lines, one is for zipslack on my 250 Mb zipdisk, and the
other is my removable drive D.
You will notice the lines wrapping, but that is only in this  e-mail...
for the zip disk, b:
b:\linux\loadlin b:\linux\vmlinuz root=/defv/hdb4  rw b:\linux\speakup_ser=1
b:\linux\speakup_synth=dectlk

for the removable 200MB harddrive:
d:\linux\loadlin d:\linux\vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb rw
d:\linux\speakup_synth=dectlk_ser=1

Notice that I last tried putting in the path to speakup, but it did not
help.
I have tried it with and without the jfd screenreader, and I have tried it
with and without running dtexp.bat first (to load the dectalk driver).
Thanks.

Sincerely,
O. Glenn Ervin-- (Lenny) N0YJV
Northeast Nebraska