error message on startup

Glenn Ervin gervin at kdsi.net
Tue Nov 20 21:55:37 EST 2001

hello group,
this is difficult...
I am using dectalk on comm1.
I loaded jaws for dos and edited my file with gina's suggestion, which
included "dectlk" in the line before the word root...
d:\linux\loadlin dectlk root=/dev/hdb1 ro
the batch file seemed to echo everything in the file that was remmed out.
 I tried using
@echo off
at the top, but that created an error in the file and it did not even want
to run until I removed that line.
So I do not know if it was just a line in the file being echoed, or if it
was really telling me that I needed to edit the line root=xxx.
When I tried to read what was at the top, it scrolled past the top of the
screen and I cannot remember if there is an easy way to paus a batch file
without editing the file, perhaps with the word "pause".
Below is the file I am running...
Thanks in advance for any help, if you care to read through the following,
and I do not know if a line or 2 is not remmed out, or if notepad just
wrapped it around:

rem  Boot Linux.  You'll need to edit this file to boot the correct
rem  partition.  In the uncommented line below, edit the 'root=/dev/XXXX'
rem  to refer to the partition where you've unzipped the root Linux
partition.
rem  If you put it on a Zip disk, it'll probably be on the fourth partition,
rem  since that's how Iomega likes to format them.  If you're using a
parallel
rem  port Zip drive then see the README.ppa for more info about configuring
rem  the drive with some kernel parameters at the end of the loadlin
command.
rem
rem  Here are some SCSI Zip examples:
\linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/sda4 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/sdb4 rw
rem  These are examples of IDE Zip devices:
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda4 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb4 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdc4 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdd4 rw
rem  These examples are for an IDE hard drive:
d:\linux\loadlin dectlk root=/dev/hdb1 ro
rem d:\linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda1 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda2 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda3 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda4 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda5 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda6 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda6 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda6 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda7 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda8 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda9 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda10 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda11 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda12 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda13 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda14 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hda15 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb1 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb2 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb3 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb4 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb5 rw
rem \linux\loadlin  \linux\vmlinuz  root=/dev/hdb6 rw

Sincerely,
O. Glenn Ervin-- (Lenny) N0YJV
Northeast Nebraska
gervin at kdsi.net