I am now getting started

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Nov 18 18:21:53 EST 2001

Hi, Dave:

Well, you're right about the default optimization! <grin>

One thing for sure, this won't be your last installation, so I guess
there's no harm in picking up a little experience. It is the best teacher,
after all.

One question first. Do you have an install working in some fashion or
other? And, is there a network connection working? Reason I ask is that
any number of folks here could slide on over into your system and tweak
you up quickly if you do have a working install and a good net connection,
preferably broadband of some kind.

Otherwise, I'd go with the reinstall.

The good news is that once you get a talking system going with speakup,
how ever many times you reinstall for whatever reasons, you'll never go
through the initial troubles again.
 --

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp