alsa for tecra8100

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Thu Nov 15 23:54:33 EST 2001

Hi
   Have you tried any other players, like sox's play or playing an MP3 or vorbis file? I've consistantly had trouble with aplay with certain wav files for some reason. And my experiences with aplay aren't limited to this card. Also, lower your wave control to around 13%, keep the master and pcm at 100%, otherwise you'll get super distortion. Alternative, you can lower your master to about 88%, the PCM to about 81%, and keep the wave at 100%. The disadvantage to lowering your master and pcm as that if your card has a 3D function (mine does), and you want to use it, you'll get a lot of distortion. Thus I recommend the first mixer settings which worked fine for me. Of course you can fine-toon them even more.