Linux and High speed accessability

Terry Klarich terry at ki5zw.ampr.org
Wed Nov 14 16:02:17 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:07:21 -0600 (CST)you write:
>On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Terry Klarich wrote:
>> At this time, I wouldn't consider wireless.  There is big problems with
>> security.  I did hear of a product which used the home wiring though.  Can't
>> remember how or where though.  Maybe a search on google is in order.
>
>OK, can't resist this one. You are connecting a computer to a network with
>zero security. You are recieving email that has been god only knows where
>and could easily be seen by anyone and their brother. Now you are a bit
>concerned because there is a theretical weakness in security?????

You miss the point.  I couldn't care any less if someone listens to my internet conversations.  In fact, you should always assume
someone is listening.  That is why I use pgp and ssh when necessary.  My concerns are with others using my network without my
permission or knowledge.

Terry