mix up

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Nov 14 00:12:04 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Michael Ryan wrote:
> Static IPs are provided and fire wall devices are permitted.  I didn't ask
> about PPOE.

Piece of cake. Linux can do everything the firewall devices can do. Or you
can make life easier (and probably safer) and buy yourself one of
these. Like was previously mentioned for less then $100 you get a
firewall, and a 4 port hub. They provide DHCP services and they come
preconfigured to block inbound traffic. If you want to be able to get in,
you can open the ports desired.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush