Different filesystems

Jim Ruby jruby at charter.net
Mon Nov 12 10:59:34 EST 2001

I thought ext3 had a gernaling system too.  If not I would like to do a fresh install using either ext3 or Reiserfs.

Hopefully this can be done as I would like to get rh 7.2 back up and running soon.

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:57:06 -0500, Jacob Schmude wrote:

>Hi
>  Reiserfs would be your best bet with linux. Not sure what its upper limit is (if it even has one) but it's way above 2GB. Of course you'd need to move some things around and format a linux partition with reiserfs then
move everything back. The other nice thing is that reiserfs has a journaling system, meaning no more of those long fscks at boot up. It has been in kernels since 2.4.1.