tar.bz2 (was: Re: 2.4.13 Kernel Woes)

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Nov 5 22:26:50 EST 2001

Hello.  Not to be picky here, but just a reminder that generally tar.bz2
files are smaller.  I assume you are using dial-up, but even with cable I
found the bz2 files to be smaller enough to get a better download speed.
I suppose if you do not have bunzip2 you would need the gzip file, but I
have seen the kernel size decerase by about 2-3 mb using the bzip2 format.
Again, not to be picky here but bzip2 seems to be emerging as the new
standard and even a few bytes helps with dial-up.