installing using just cd images

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Nov 4 17:11:18 EST 2001

Absolutely this works. I did it just last night to update my RH 7.2
install.

Here's how:

Be mindful, before you start, of the proper linux designation of where the
images are. You will need to arrow to select the appropriate device and
partition, then tab and write in the appropriate directory as "./myfiles"
for example.
 On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Saqib Shaikh wrote:

> Yes it can be done.
>
> Just put the boot.img image on a floppy disk using rawrite (write if you
> don't know how to do this).  Then select to install from a hard disk and
> enter the relevant path to the iso images.
>
> Hope this helps, Saqib

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp