invalid block device still continues

cpt.kirk at 1tree.net cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Apr 12 08:35:13 EDT 2000

One thing I noticed is that you have the file type incorrect. CDROMs use
iso9660. I would try this first:
mount -t auto /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
if it returns an error that the file system must be specified:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

Both of the above make two assumptions which are valid on the Linux
systems I have played with. The one thing is that not all systems have the
cdrom subdirectory. If the /dev/cdrom doesn't work then you will have to
use the hd specification for its location. Keep in mind that they aren't
always sequential. If the drive is set to the master on secondary then it
will be hdc even if there is no hdb present.

Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Why can't you be a non-conformist, like everybody else?