Install from floppy with DoubleTalk LT

Dave Hunt wx1g at connact.com
Tue Apr 11 21:01:05 EDT 2000

Dave,

If you're installing Zipspeak, you need not reformat the hard drive on which
you want to install.  If you unzip the 'zipspeak.zip' to your hard drive
(preserving the structure), the system is installed.  You'll find it all in
the top-level directory called "linux".  Once unzipped, the system is
installed.

If you wish to run the system from a cd, you will need to specify the cd's
device name at the kernel's boot prompt (when it beeps).  Assuming a SCSI cd
drive, you could try something like "mount root=/dev/stb1", assuming your
zip drive is "/dev/sta4"(mine is).  I don't recommend running the system
from a cd, as it is read-only.  Or, do you plan to move the directories for
"syslog", etc??

Good Luck,

Dave