Help with ALSA 0.5.7

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sat Apr 8 11:33:04 EDT 2000

Heh, here is me, trying to be all smart and upgrade to ALSA 0.5.7 from a
nice (working) ALSA 0.4.1. Now, it does exactly what the ALSA 0.5.0 did a
long time ago--no sound drivers load. When my system is rebooting, I get
"device or resource busy" when it tries to load the module;if I try to
load it with
insmod snd-card-sb16 (or snd-card-sbawe) I get all manner of version
conflicts.

I even recompiled with --with-isapnp=yes (even though I didn't really have
to last time), and the compile didn't crash and burn and do anything that
looked too hideous. What do I be missing?

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV        | And if the ground yawned,
Email: davros at ycardz.com     | I'd step to the side and say,