Spelling Phonetically Under Speakup

Martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Thu Sep 3 13:39:45 EDT 2020

Are there any control codes one can stick in to output strings
that will cause speakup to spell the next string phonetically or
even just the next letter?

	The normal behavior if speakup sees a string that says
"house" is to say the word "house."  Would there be a command to
say "hotel oscar uniform siera echo" when passing H O U S E?

	If so, How do you resume normal operation after doing
that?

	Speakup does say an individual character phonetically if
you move the speakup cursor over a letter using the number pad
and them strike Delete twice quickly.  If this is not possible,
no big dealbut I was working on a project of mine and thought
that if it is possible, I would simply send control codes to
cause speakup to spell phonetically for amateur radio call signs.

	Thanks to all.

Martin McCormick