trouble booting debian10.3 with speakup

D. Curtis Willoughby ka0vba at dimcom.net
Tue Mar 31 16:43:49 EDT 2020

Thank you, Samual for taking this problem seriously rather than
ignoring the problem and then attempting to put down the
complainer, as the other reply did.

It has been a long time, and a lot of water has gone over the
dam, but I'll do the best I can.

I downloaded the iso from:

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-cd/debian-10.3.0-i386-netinst.iso

If it has not been changed, it should still be bad.

Unfortunately, I have deleted both of my copys, so I cannot
provide check-sums.

I'll skip the gory details of how I had to boot the usb stick.
If you really want them, I can provide.

At the boot screen, I entered "s" and tab and removed the "quiet".
Then I put in some boot parameters, which varied a little between
attenpts.   They included "fb=false", "graphics=no", or "graphics=none",
and always ending up with "debconf/priority=medium".
Then I pressed enter .  The result
was always the same, andwas on the original e-mail as closely as I
could reproduce it by hand.

> > This may be related:
> > (to other failures to speak.)
> > I am trying to install debian10.3 from the installation iso (I think it was dated
> > February 8th.
> > The Kernel hangs issueing the following message repeatedly
> > until I shut down the system:
> >
> > "/var/run/brltty-xorg no such file or directory."
> >
> > Of course I am not attempting to use brltty.

D. Curtis Willoughby

p.s.  Watch for a coming proposal which I think I will call
"the borg solution to brltty"

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:46:33 +0100
Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org>wrote:
Old Subject: Re: [raspberry-vi] A bit off topic, Speakup and ...
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 07:59:11PM -0600, ka0vba at dimcom.net wrote:
> > Even if this is not related, can someone figure out how to
> > get it fixed.
>
> You'll need to provide enough details to reproduce the problem. What
> did you do to make it happen exactly.

Also, please provide the exact URL from which you download the ISO
image. There are various images in several places, and while normally
they all support accessibility, some of them might be borked, so we need
to know *which* one is to be able to fix it.

Samuel