[raspberry-vi] A bit off topic, Speakup and Debian Stretch-Buster (fwd)

mail ka0vba at dimcom.net
Wed Mar 25 21:59:11 EDT 2020

This may be related:
I am trying to install debian10.3 from the installation iso (I think it was dated
February 8th.
The Kernel hangs issueing the following message repeatedly
until I shut down the system:

"/var/run/brltty-xorg no such fileor directory."

Of course I am not attempting to use brltty.

I also noticed that there is not aninstallation option for brltty.
There is not even an option for a hardware synthizer with speakup.

Can it be that some installer person has decided to combine all
accessibility drivers into one  installation option and one
kernel, whether they work together or not?

It occurs to me that a hung kernel stuck issuing an error message
like that might stop the whole system from talking,
Since brltty is not a module, I cannot even use
brltty.blacklist=yes.

Even if this is not related, can someone figure out how to
get it fixed.

How about taking brltty completely out of the kernel and make the
brltty users make their own kernels, like the speakup users had to do before we learned to work with the kernel, and play nice.

D. Curtis Willoughby  ka0vba at dimcom.net

p.s. We really need an installer option to install with a hardware synthizer, too!