[raspberry-vi] A bit off topic, Speakup and Debian Stretch-Buster (fwd)

Tait Hoyem tait.hoyem at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:42:51 EDT 2020

> I would like to get a desktop going, but this RPI may not have the RAM for

I also have an RPi2. I can confirm that although the desktop experience is slow, it does work. No need to worry about RAM in this case. I know somebody IRL who uses it as his main desktop computer, and we never had any problems except for compiling C++.
Not sure what DE is default though; this guy may have been using Xfce or MATE for all I know.

Anyway, desktop on RPi works, but is a bit slow.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.