speakup on latest kernels

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Thu Jan 30 00:33:03 EST 2020

I've seen it crashing when jumping from x-window to console
for a while now. It only happens if I attempt to use speakup review
commands right after the jump before any other key strokes. I first
noticed it in late June when I built my new ryzen 1800x system
running devuan Beowulf with
I believe a 5.2.x kernel compiled by me. I tested at that time with a
5.2.x kernel on my older early core i5 laptop running devuan Ascii, but
couldn't reproduce it. I thought it may be another ryzen on linux
quirk, so didn't report it.

I tested repeatedly hitting numpad 4 and 6 keys on devuan Beowulf with
a 5.4.14 kernel compiled by me, and couldn't get it to crash. So, it
looks like that particular crash is fixed. What processor is your
friend running on?

Greg

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 08:46:46AM -0800, deedra waters wrote:
> it still looks to be broken my roommate tested it with latest kernels and it
> crashed last night when he jumped from x to console.

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1