Mac terminal - Efficiently using terminal with screenreader

dan d. dandunfee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:40:46 EST 2020

A key commander is different then a shortcut key and worrks only if voiceover is being used.

In the voiceover utility there is a an area to set key commanders.  These allow listing a series of mac and voiceover commands in the order
one wantss them performed and assign that commander to a key combination.  For example, the read fromtop of screen has the three commands
assigned to option+r.

The os10 comes with a few already defined.  Turn permission to use apple scripts on, then option+t will speak time and date.  That key
commander runs an apple script that performs that function.

XB