Efficiently using terminal with screenreader

Reece O'Bryan reece.obryan at icloud.com
Thu Dec 17 15:00:52 EST 2020

OK, I understand what you’re saying now! I’m definitely going to get one of these to play around with.

I very much appreciate your exclamation of the history of this. I’m sorry if my questions are obvious, but I have only been blind a few years and this part of computers is quite different without a GUI.

Thank you,

Is it possible to compile speak up on my MacBook? I’m still having trouble navigating a terminal and if I could run speak up, I could set up an automated workflow to turn off voiceover, run speak up and run terminal? I don’t understand why there are not commands to navigate line by line in the native terminal on OS X.

-Reece