Linux 9 stretch What to do about reviving speakup?

Samuel Thibault sthibault at debian.org
Fri Mar 29 18:50:41 EDT 2019

Hello,

Kirk Reiser, le ven. 29 mars 2019 18:03:07 -0400, a ecrit:
> I mistakenly assumed that you had others on the accessibility team
> helping to catch problems as they come through. I figured as picky as
> the kernel folks were that they would have scads of volunteers helping
> make sure every brace and blank line was properly placed.

In general about accessibility stuff, assume lack of manpower :/

> Maybe something changed in the scheduling of the package
> installation to remove the positioning of stopping a running
> application and restarting it.

It seems it happened on migrating to a systemd service.
I've always said systemd would bring issues in all kind of places ;
that's basically one of them, and lack of testing and actual reporting
made it appear.

> p.s. I believe we've just passed the 20th anniversary of my first releasees of speakup.

Oh, I thought it was older than that.

Samuel