Espeakup and Speech-Dispatcher-git--Fighting again?

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Sun Mar 24 20:36:43 EDT 2019

Yes, there are limitations in speechd-up that espeakup doesn't
have. In a nutshell, speechd-up doesn't provide as much synthesizer
control as espeakup does. Which one is used is a matter of
preference. For example, the last time I checked, espeakup didn't play
nice with the sound chip on the raspberry pi, but
speechd-up/speech-dispatcher works with it well.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1