Mumble server running as a replacement for SpeakFreely

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Mar 23 06:25:03 EDT 2019

mumble I think works when connecting to mumble.the-brannons.com, port
64738.  I couldn't tell for sure but didn't get connection refused like
I did using barnard earlier.  It's possible barnard will now find the
mumble configuration if mumble created any for me and use that the next
time I try to use it.  One side effect of using mumble and barnard
afterward they've exited is that you can't hear anything you type as you
type it using espeakup and speakup.  When I exited mumble run from
mate-terminal earlier one of the last things it said was destroying jude
which is why I think mumble worked.
Next I'm going to attach my headset to my sound card and hope I get the
right plugs in the right jacks. Then I'll try this again and see what
happens.