speakup locking box on latest linux 5.3.15-1

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Tue Dec 31 10:53:24 EST 2019

Hey Didier: All of the kernels I tested were debian sid packages. The
most recent was a December twelve build I believe. I have not seen any
5.4.x kernels available under sid yet. Admittedly, I don't try to
upgrade every day or anything.

I pretty much strictly use speakup_soft with espeakup. I first thought
it might be an espeakup problem since it is as flakey as ever with the
lack of speech interrupt ability in a timely manner but the problem
still persists with my old solid espeakup and the old espeak
libraries.

I would be willing to test your kernels if you could send me a drop in
replacement with the System.map etc.

   Kirk