speakup locking box on latest linux 5.3.15-1

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue Dec 31 10:30:06 EST 2019

Hi Kirk and Janina,

I won't ship a 5.3.x Kernel in Slint anyway as it is officially EOL
upstream, however I plan to provide a 5.4 kernel soon and would like
to have it tested wrt this issue.

I do not own a hard synth so can only test with speakup_soft myself, but
I could ask Slint users to do so with a hard synth (ltlk at least and
probably apollo as well).

With which driver did you try: soft or hard and then which hard synth?

Also Janina, does this issue occur also with linux 5.4.6.arch3-1?

As an aside, Kirk did you try one of the package labeled
linux-image-5.4.0-1-<something> provided for Debian SID?

Best regards,

Didier