Can I Run Speakup WithIn Chrome OS?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Aug 19 16:23:02 EDT 2019

Well, its really nice owning a ChromeBook, nice-and-light weight, with quite
good Android sounding speech. However, ChromeVox seems to be missing many of the
well-thought out reading commands which we use in a flat review in Speakup. So,
considering there are at least 2 types of Linux versions you can run inside of a
ChromeBook, I wondered if there were a way of running Speakup, maybe from a VM
Shell? I would certainly wanna keep the speech the way it is, but use the
functions of Speakup. An only challenge I can think of, Chrome Books don't use
nor have a num pad, so unless there were a way of an alternative keyboard
configuration? Also, the fact that we can alter the sources list-and-Speakup is
supposedly included? I use flat review probably more than anything, but an only
way of sort of looking around a screen in Chrome OS is with a sticky kees
option. So this is quite in reverse of when Kirk ran ChromeVox in Linux. Thanks
so much in advance
Chime