Saturday sam update2

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Apr 13 17:03:38 EDT 2019

Hello Janina,

Well, I thought that "source" and "sink" rather were chosen by
analogy with a water distribution system.

About pipewire (thanks for the info), a short look at the wiki
makes me think that it is trying to find a niche "market" between
JACK and PulseAudio. Anyway it will take some time before I can
possibly consider shipping it in Slint <smile>

Oh, and I have no issue with PulseAudio at all.
So, no bye bye PulseAudio here.

Granted it can have more latency than JACK, but is not targeted
at audiophiles.

BTW, the article I linked to clearly explains how to make
JACK and PulseAudio coexist.

Best,

Didier