Saturday sam update2

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Apr 13 16:37:41 EDT 2019

Indeed. Pulseaudio's use of the term "sink" is sadly ironic. To a
reasonably educated English speaker it' squite clearly the confusion of
someone who's not so well versed in English. The term they wanted is
"sync," as in "syncronization.," not "sink" as in the kitchen sink.

But, it's now possibly the case that pulseaudio itself is about to be
overtaken by a newer and more comprehensive specification, pipewire:

https://pipewire.org

Bye, bye, pulseaudio.

hth

Janina