Saturday sam update2

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Apr 13 16:45:11 EDT 2019

Hello,

AFAIK there is no ALSA command to do that.

Jude, if you mean to change the default card, just edit or create
/etc/asound.conf so it includes these lines:
defaults.pcm.card=<card number>
default.ctl.card=<card number>

In Slint if you want to apply the change specifically to
espeakup or speechd-up, edit instead the relevant config file:
/etc/espeakup.conf
/etc/speechd-up.conf
and set the value of ALSA_CARD to your liking.

If you use fenrir, I believe that you have to rely on
the content of /etc/asound.conf. Can someone
confirm or infirm?

Best,

Didier