About SAM Sound Controller

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Apr 10 16:21:54 EDT 2019

OK with 4sound-cards, yes it totals up groups of choices for each. However, I
was not able to hear any changes. I first really want to suggest an option for
numbered menus. When I select a specific card, it may  say up from 95 percent,
but arrowing up-and-down doesn't change the percentage.
And lastly, in my most advanced audigy card, I selected base  just to
try-and-ajust, well, I got the following:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/sam", line 193, in <module>
     change_mixer(mix)
   File "/usr/local/bin/sam", line 29, in change_mixer
     mixer=alsaaudio.Mixer(mixers[m])
alsaaudio.ALSAAudioError: Unable to find mixer control Bass,0 [default]
Back again live, these programs which Walt has been creating show alot of
promise. I am still useing his "DAE" Thanks so much in advance
Here is an opening screen from sam
pick a sound card
There are 4 choices:
  up/down arrows to scroll, enter to select, q to quit.
AudioPCI
DGX
Intel
Audigy2
And no, while I cannot come up with a perfect replacement name, I would suggest
cam
Console audio monitor
Thanks so much in advance from a Debian system
Chime