Speech-friendly alsa mixer (sam) released, testers needed

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 14:09:35 EDT 2019

Hi Willem,

I finally had time to look again at the  sam issue on Arch, and  the
solution seems easy. The AUR  on arch offers a package called
python2-pyalsaaudio , which does the trick. I had earlier incorrectly
used a similarly named package with the '2' omitted from the name, which
threw me into python3 on arch. So, changing python to python2 on the
first line of sam, then installing the correct wrapper from the aur, and
it works correctly.  Thanks to you and Samuel for the help. I'll be
playing with it now from time to time.

Chuck

--
Here In Northeast Ohio, The Moon is Waxing Crescent (28% of Full)
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.