Linux 9 stretch What to do about reviving speakup?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Apr 3 21:04:28 EDT 2019

Thanks for your answers, Gregory and Samuel.

On 03/04/2019 23:33, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Both hard and soft
> synths are supported, and you can switch from one to any other ad lib.

Does "ad libitum" means
"just issuing the command:
echo <name> > /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth to switch"?

Is this valid regardless if I have included "start=0" in the modprobe
command or not?

Sorry for these basic questions, I do not have not a hard synth to try.

Best,

Didier