Getting direct access to my Android machine

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Oct 18 17:26:24 EDT 2018

Hello Mike,

On 10/18/18 10:53 PM, Mike Keithley wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a braille sense Polaris, an Android machine running Lollipop. I also have a Linux box running Slackware 14.2 64-bit.
>
> I'm trying to get direct access to the flash drive on the Android file system. Right now nothing happens when I connect to the USB port except the display of the manufacturer and a serial number.
>
> What do I have to do on the Linux box to get access to an Android file system?

Maybe you just need to mount the device.
Just plug it in then type:
lsblk -l -o vendor,model,name,size,type,fstype

This should allow you to identify the Android partitions.

To mount e.g. the partition names sdb2 just type:
mkdir -p /Android
mount /dev/sdb2 /Android

If that works, write a line for it in /etc/fstab

If not, please post back the output of the lsblk command.
Maybe the file file system used on the flash drive is uncommon?

Out of curiosity, are you running a genuine Slackware?

If that is the case and you never heard about Slackware, visit:
http://slint.fr

Best regards,

Didier